What’s in the Bag of Michelle Wie?
Unfortunately, the latest news surrounding Wie has been a bit unnerving. Literally. Michelle has been suffering from being involved in a recent car accident. With neck injuries and a fractured hand, you can imagine the pain that comes with trying to swing clubs. Efficiently.
You can see the pain in her face…
This is Wie’s second start of the season prior to hand surgery. Sitting 10-over after 14 holes, she made the decision to withdraw during the 15th. She was seen holding her right wrist and hand as she walked up the fairway.
When it comes to the longevity of an athlete in their sport, it’s important to listen to the body. The young 29 year old Pro is doing just that. Let’s hope for her speedy recovery, yeah? For now, let’s check out What’s in the Bag of Michelle Wie.
DRIVER: Women’s Callaway Rogue Driver – 10.5 degrees
The Women’s Rogue Driver combines 25% lighter hour-glass-shaped Jailbreak bars behind the face combined with X-Face VFT Technology for unprecedented energy transfer to the ball. Optimal weight placement and streamlined club head aerodynamics are offered through Callaway’s Triaxial Carbon Crown and the Boeing Aero Package.
Women’s Rogue Driver available in 2 models:
- Women’s Rogue Driver – fixed weight in the back of the head promotes higher launch and increased MOI for greater playability and forgiveness
- Women’s Rogue Draw Driver – added weight in the heel moves the CG inward to minimize slice spin and promote draw spin on open faced impacts
Golf Digest 2018 Hot List Gold Medal Winner!
” The Rogue Driver delivers exceptional ball speed from the combination of our new Jailbreak Technology and X-Face VFT plus increased MOI for a breakthrough in driver performance. ” – Callaway Golf
- Hour glass shaped Jailbreak Technology
- X-Face architecture makes parts of the club face thicker and thinner for faster speed
- Triaxial carbon crown saves more weight by relocating it to the perimeter of the head for more MOI
- Boeing Aero package redefines the shape for better airflow and faster head speed
- 460cc Head
- Adjustable Driver
- Right and Left Hand available
- Loft: 10.5 and 13.5 HT
- Flex: Ladies
- Shafts: Aldila QUARANTA 40
- Women’s Driver
- Headcover included.
WOODS: Women’s Callaway Epic Flash Fairway
Callaway’s New Women’s Epic Flash Woods are equipped with AI-created Flash Face technology designed to increase your ball speed so you get more out of every shot. Jailbreak technology has been carefully engineered into this club as well to offer improved ball speed and incomparable forgiveness.
- Flash Face Technology
- Jailbreak Technology
- OptiFit Hosel
- Forged Carpenter Steel Face Cup
- Right and left-handed
- Lofts: #3 (15°), #5 (18°), #7 (21°), #9 (23°), #11 (25°), Heavenwood (20°)
- Available Flex: Ladies
- Women’s Fairway Wood
IRONS: Callaway Rogue Pro
The Callaway Rogue PRO Irons come equip with new technologies in a premium multi-material construction suited for average golfers looking for a all around performance iron. Rogue Irons feature 360 Face Cup Technology paired with Variable Face Thickness for an expanded sweet spot, Urethane Microspheres that dampen vibration for an improved feel and sound, and Tungsten weights to improve launch and control for each club. In doing so, Callaway created the Rogue PRO for the highly skilled golfer with a compact head, thin sole, thin topline, shallow cavity and minimal offset.
How Distance Should Feel.
- Ideal for skilled golfers
- 360 Face Cup – shallow flexible rim around the perimeter of the face that flexes on impact for increased ball speed
- Variable Face Thickness – face flex to promote more ball speed on off center hits
- Tungsten weighting for optimal flight and control
- Urethane Microspheres for unmatched sound and feel
- Right and Left Hand available
- Flex: Regular and Stiff
- Set Make Up: 4-PW, 5-PW + AW
- Stock Steel Shaft: True Temper XP 105
- Men’s Iron Set
- Callaway Golf
WEDGES: Callaway Mack Daddy 4
Stick scoring shots closer from any lie with the Callaway Women’s Mack Daddy 4 Wedge. The most comprehensive wedge from the Callaway Golf collection, the Women’s Mack Daddy 4 is built with the insight of tour players, along with legendary wedge designer Roger Cleveland. A Mack Daddy 4 Wedge allows for advanced shot shaping with optimal spin and lofts through Groove-In-Groove Technology combined with Micro-Positive Surface Roughness making sure you’re safe from any condition or lie.
The Standard in Performance Wedges.
- Tour refined shape, sole and grinds
- Advanced Shaping and Design
- 8620 carbon steel club head construction
- 84 contact points on the face
- Designed by Roger Cleveland
- Chrome finish
- Shaft: Aldila Wedge Graphite
- Grip: Lamkin Diamond Black Grip
- Right Handed only
- W-Grind – A slightly wider sole. It’s perfect if you play in softer conditions or you come in with a steep angle to the ball. And it’s extremely playable out of all types of bunkers
PUTTER: Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide
The Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S Putter is a compact heel-toe weighted blade with a wide flange, S-neck hosel and a Microhinge Insert for an unmatched feel, look and roll. This putter features an improved face with Microhinge Insert Technology that provides increased numbers in topspin and smoother roll at impact regardless of your stroke as well as an improved Versa Alignment Technology to help accuracy from address to impact. An Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S Putter gives the golfer tour tested technology with soft feel and an optimized roll.
The Only Blade Putters to Receive 20/20 on the 2018 Golf Digest Top 100 Hot List.
- Red finish
- Head Type: Blade
- Lie Angle: 70º
- Loft: 3º
- Head Weight: 350 g
- Available Length: 33″, 34″, 35″
- Grip: Winn – Mid AVS Red
- Offset: Full Shaft
- Right Handed only
- Headcover included
And that, my friends, concludes another ‘What’s in the Bag?’ featuring the beautiful Michelle Sung Wie. Get well soon!
Next week we will be looking into the TaylorMade M5 and M6 Driver.
Oh Yeah! We have a Brand New M6 at the Office up for grabs! Follow us on Social Media. We will be announcing how to enter Friday, March 8th (2 days people!). Talk to ya then!